1.24.2015

Update

Hi guys,
I don't know how much detail I can go into, but, by way of an update, I returned to the States on November 9, and I got to spend a lot of time with my family and friends (priceless) before heading out to Virginia for training. I'll be headed back out to Leon hopefully in the beginning of April.

Things to pray for right now:

  • Adjustment to the absolutely crazy schedule here--that I would not only survive but thrive here.
  • Cultural worship nights on Sundays--I'm the team leader. Pray for good organization and for willing volunteers, and for everyone on my team to work together well.
  • Conversation opportunities--I need to be having three conversations per week with people. Please pray for divine opportunities.
  • Hope--that I really would attempt great things for God, and expect great things from God.
  • Time with Jesus--that I would have really good time with Him every day, even though the schedule's so crazy. That I would be tapped in to the Fountain of living water.
  • Relationships--to relate well to people here. There are a lot of people, and a lot of relationship opportunities, and I want to invest well. I'm also an introvert, and this is very much an extrovert's dream here.
  • Love--that the love of Jesus would fill me and pour out of me.
Praises:
  • I got to head into the downtown today by myself and explore a bit. I really liked it.
  • I got to eat Iranian food--legit Iranian food--for the first time in over two years. And I got to speak a little Farsi. So good.
  • I really like all of the people in my building. I know we're going to have personality clashes, just from living so close together, but I like how they love Jesus and are honest.
  • Some of the teaching here is really encouraging.
Thank you guys for praying for me. Missing so many of you right now.
-Jennifer

1 comment:

Brenna Kate Simonds, Living Unveiled said...

If you still have my email address, I'd love to know where you are in VA.