1.30.2014

Chill day

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the lack of update last night. I was fairly floored by a headache, and it didn't go away till just now. Prayer walking yesterday was sweet; we were able to pray and to plan for a Valentine's Day event as an outreach for the church plant in the new area. I really love the idea; instead of broad seed invitations, two couples are inviting several other lost couples, and a Puerto Rican missionary couple are sharing their testimony with the group. I like it because it's a very personal touch. Some of these couples are already (on the wives' side) in Bible studies with the people from the church; others are friends and neighbors who already have a trust relationship. I really look forward to seeing what comes of this meeting.

Yesterday my friend and I had both started getting a little frazzled with all of the things we need to accomplish, so we had decided that today would be a chill day, to take things a bit more slowly. Then the family that I was supposed to lead the study for last night cancelled on us, so we had a surprise free night as well. It felt like a wonderful luxury to lie around and watch a movie. I'm glad we get this downtime; it will be good to be refreshed by the time the IBC team gets here. I'm really looking forward to that.

Thank you for praying for us! Please continue to pray for open doors for the gospel. Pray that God would work in the heart of my friend's trainer at the gym, and that God would continue to open up good conversations with my teacher.

No comments: