8.16.2009

There's not enough beer in the world, Spleen.

That's one of my favorite quotes from Mystery Men, which just happens to be one of my favorite movies. Convenient!

I work with teenagers these days, when I can find them and get them to come to church. Because of this, I observe teenagers often, in various settings, and I can honestly say, there's not enough (insert very precious thing here) in the world that I would ever go through that again. I was at Starbucks last night reading, and this girl was sitting at a table behind me telling her friend how much she missed high school (I think she was about to start her first year of college), and I had this moment of utter bafflement: Why would you ever miss high school? I certainly don't. I miss my last two years of college--those were some good times (not always fun, but definitely good). High school? High school was horrible, except for a few really neat people and some totally excellent teachers. But being a high schooler was an experience I'd rather stick hot forks in my eyes than do again.

No comments: