10.02.2006

For y'all: Ps. 126:5-6 Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, bearing seed for sowing, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Also: Ps. 149: 5-9 Let the saints be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud on their beds. Let the praises of God be in their mouths, and a two-edged sword in their hands, to execute vengeance on the nations, and punishment on the peoples; to bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; to execute on them the written judgment--this honor have all His saints. Praise the LORD!

So basically I don't know quite what that means, but it really jumped out at me a lot. Maybe y'all have some suggestions.

As for me, I'm on a little adventure. For months now this thing has been bothering me, and it came to a head last night at our Lord's Supper service, where God kind of said, either deal with this, or you can't take My supper. So I'm trying to deal with it, and I would appreciate your prayer support, because this is sort of a scary situation for me.

Here's the deal: A year and a half to two years ago, I hit a car in the Union parking lot. I was trying to back out from between two behemoths that were really close to me, and I was concentrating on the one next to me so hard that I didn't see a third behind me. Well, I smacked into its bumper. Naturally, I freaked out, got out, and looked, and I couldn't see any damage to it, and my car looked okay, so, since I didn't know what to do and didn't see anything I could do, I drove away. Well, I saw the car again later, and it looked like the bumper had been pushed up, but I still didn't know how to deal with it, so I didn't. This has been bothering me for ages. I've talked to Mom about it and given it to God and repented, but He's been telling me for a while now that He wants me to make it right. He's even told me who at Union to call. So last night I surrendered to it, and I called Union this morning and talked to the head of Safety and Security, who was very gracious and promised to research it. The scary part now is that I don't know what's going to come out of his research or how it's going to affect me. I'm going to do whatever I have to do to make it right, but I'm definitely in unknown territory. So if you guys want to lift me up for that, I'd appreciate it greatly.

No comments: